COURSE: 10- & 30-Hour General Industry Worker Health & Safety
COMPLIANCE REFERENCE: T8 CCR 3203
DURATION OF COURSE: 10 or 30 hours (Available in English or Spanish)
This course introduces OSHA policies, procedures and standards as well as construction safety and health principles. The course will review the scope and application of the OSH Act and General Duty Clause, as well as examine areas that are most hazardous.
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive an OSHA General Industry Safety and Health 10- or 30-hour course completion card. Course includes OSHA mandatory and elective topics.
Introduction to OSHA
- OSH Act, General Duty Clause, Employer and Employee Rights and Responsibilities, Whistleblower Rights, Recordkeeping basics
- Inspections, Citations, and Penalties
- General Safety and Health Provisions, Competent Person, Subpart C
- Value of Safety and Health
- OSHA Website, OSHA 800 number and available resources
- Walking and Working Surfaces - including fall protection, Subpart D
- Exit Routes, Emergency Action Plans, Fire Prevention Plans, and Fire Protection, Subparts E & L
- Electrical, Subpart S
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), Subpart I
- Materials Handling, Subpart N
- Hazard Communication, Subpart Z
- Hazardous Material (Flammable and Combustible Liquids, Spray Finishing, Compressed Gases, Dipping and Coating Operations), Subpart H
- Permit-Required Confined Spaces, Subpart J
- Lockout/Tagout, Subpart J
- Machine Guarding, Subpart O
- Welding, Cutting, and Brazing, Subpart Q
- Introduction to Industrial Hygiene, Subpart Z
- Bloodborne Pathogens, Subpart Z
- Fall Protection
- Safety and Health Programs
- Powered Industrial Vehicles
At the conclusion of the class, each participant will take a written examination and complete a course evaluation.
Note: Course will include video presentations, site specific discussions and equipment inspections.