Myth: Flagging is a low-skill function that can be handled by untrained, unmotivated employees.
Reality: Flagging is a complex task that cannot be taken lightly. Flaggers are responsible for protecting workers, repair personnel, and the traveling public from accidents and injuries.
How can you provide your flaggers with the training they need to meet their safety responsibilities? The answer is the Flagger Safety Training Kit.
Flagger Safety covers ...
- work zone hazards
- flaggers' roles and responsibilities
- employer's responsibilities
- personal protective equipment
- "tools of the trade": flags, radios and paddles
- flagging procedures
- special situations: two flaggers, nighttime flagging, etc.
- flagger etiquette
- and more!
After receiving this training, your flaggers will have a better understanding of their impact on safety. As a result, they'll be better prepared to do a professional, safe job.
Kits include the following:
- (1) 13-minute closed-captioned VHS video - Combines engaging video and editing technology with expertise from industry professionals at all levels.
- (1) Instructional Poster - Colorful posters show flaggers what to do and provide visible reminders long after training is complete.