Hazmat Drivers: Training for Safe Transport training kit is tailored exclusively to hazmat drivers... giving them the must-know information they need to comply with the hazardous materials general awareness training requirements under 49 CFR Section 172.704.
This flexible, timesaving program -- available in DVD or VHS format -- drives home the importance of following the requirements while giving your drivers solid information on essential topics like hazmat classification, the hazardous materials table, shipping papers, emergency response information, packaging and marking, labels, placards, loading and segregation, and transportation safety and security.
Each video-based program contains...
- (1) 27-minute, closed-captioned video - Available on DVD (with extra bonus features) or VHS, the program combines engaging video and editing technology with expertise from industry professionals at all levels.
- (1) Trainer's Tools CD-ROM - Presents a quick and easy way to invigorate classroom training through visual learning aids. Gives instant access to topic-specific information, including customizable transparency masters, quizzes with answer keys, clip art, training logs, and more! The minimum computer system requirements for the Trainer Tools CD-ROM are Office 2000, with Word, and Internet Explorer version 5.5. (CD-ROM not sold separately.)
- (1) Instructor's Guide, Second Edition - Provides you with background information and training tips to make the most of each training session.
- (1) Hazmat Driver Training Packet, Second Edition - The packet includes the following:
- (1) Driver Handbook
- (1) Label Chart
- (1) Marking Chart
- (1) Placard Chart
- (1) Load/Segregation Chart
- Awareness Poster - Hang in a break room or training room to remind employees of hazmat safety.
- Many Other Training Materials - A combination Label/Placard wall chart, Load and Segregation wall chart, plus one sheet of 10 wallet cards that drivers can carry as proof of training.
Hazmat Drivers: Training for Safe Transport is available on DVD or VHS. The content of the main program is the same on VHS and DVD, but with DVD, you’ll also get added features!
DVD Main Menu
- Play Program - Plays entire main program.
- Chapter Selections – Allows easy access to specific subtopics for more focused training.
- Introduction: Explains drivers' roles and responsibilities to transport hazardous materials safely.
- Hazmat Classification: What drivers need to know.
- The Hazardous Materials Table: What drivers need to know.
- Shipping Papers: Describes proper shipping and name descriptions.
- Emergency Response Information: Explains drivers' responsibilities in relation to shipping papers.
- Packaging and Marking: Clarifies how hazmat packaging and marking is critical to safe hazmat transport.
- Labels: Explains the driver's responsibility to ensure that the shipper used the correct labels.
- Placards: Explains how to determine the correct placards to display on the vehicle.
- Loading and Segregation: Explains the driver's responsibility.
- Transportation Safety and Security: Covers ...
- pre-trip inspections
- parking rules
- smoking rules
- hazmat routes
- hazmat incidents
- security awareness (acknowledgement of the need for special training)
- Conclusion: Reinforces drivers' roles and responsibilities to transport hazardous materials safely.
- Review - Provides a quick way to refresh memory on key points of the program to better aid retention.
- Commentary – Offers additional interviews by industry professionals.
- Quiz – 10 interactive questions; offers correct/incorrect remediation to reinforce effectiveness of training.
- Message for Management - Gives introduction to the training program and topic for trainers/management.
DVD Benefits Over VHS:
- Is adaptable to a variety of training situations: can be used for group training (with a DVD player and monitor) or individual training (on a PC with DVD capability).
- Includes extra "DVD-only" training materials, which adds training options and helps improve trainees’ retention.
- Displays superior picture and audio quality to keep trainees engaged.
- Features instant rewind, fast forward, and search controls to save you time.
- Durable disc is not susceptible to magnetic fields and is heat resistant.
- Transports easily because of its compact size.