Entering permit-required confined spaces poses risks to your employees' safety, including toxic environments, engulfment hazards, dangerous moving parts, electrical hazards, pressure dangers, and more.
Help make sure your employees understand these risks and learn important safety measures with
J. J. Keller's Confined Spaces: Dangerous Places training program.
This program helps you comply with OSHA's confined spaces training requirements. It provides an important training foundation for authorized entrants, attendants, entry supervisors, and rescue services and emergency personnel - anyone with the potential to encounter a permit space.
The training video's unique "risk control" approach draws employees into a compelling risk scenario, a dramatic enactment that helps improve attention and retention.
The Confined Spaces: Dangerous Places program is available in English and Spanish. Both versions include several ready-to-use training tools:
- (1) Closed-captioned video - Available on DVD (with extra bonus features) or VHS, the program combines engaging video and editing technology with expertise from industry professionals at all levels.
- (1) Instructor’s Guide - Provides you with background information and training tips to make the most of each training session. Please note: It is the employer's responsibility to certify that employees have completed permit space training that corresponds to the job duties they are expected to perform. Training certification must include: employee's name, signature or initials of trainer, and date(s) of training.
- (11) Employee Handbooks - Provides a portable reference to be used during and after training. Includes perforated employee receipt and a quiz to check employees' understanding of the material.
- (1) Trainer Tools CD-ROM - CD offers info and tools to make your job easier and help improve compliance. Materials can be used as-is, customized, or imported into PowerPoint® presentations. Includes rescue services evaluation guide; quick-access employee info card; confined space entry permit examples and pre-entry checklist (for use as classroom visual aids); quizzes; answer keys; posters; clip art; training log; and content for audiovisual presentations or handouts.
The minimum computer system requirements for the Trainer Tools CD-ROM are Office 2000, with Word, and Internet Explorer version 5.5. (CD-ROM not sold separately.)
- (1) Awareness Poster - Colorful poster highlights the topic and provides visible reminders long after training is complete.
- (1) Wallet Card Sheet– Provides quick, simple proof that training has been completed. Includes one wallet card sheet, perforated to provide 10 cards.