Designed for small and mid-sized companies, the HIPAA Compliance Manual will help you make sense of your organization's role and responsibilities under HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996).
Written in plain-English and tab-divided by subject, the HIPAA Compliance Manual makes it easier to understand how the HIPAA requirements affect your company and what policies and procedures need to be developed. You'll also learn ...
- How to ensure your pre-existing condition exclusion is not in violation
- The different types of protected health information (PHI)
- What is creditable coverage
- What info needs to be documented
- The who, what, where, when, and how of certificates of creditable coverage
- What the non-discrimination rules mean
- How to set up a HIPAA compliance program
- What the penalties are for non-compliance
On top of that, the manual includes HIPAA regulations, checklists, definitions, FAQs, sample forms, and more!