The purpose of this course is to teach employees in office and manufacturing environments how to recognize and prevent repetitive motion injuries by utilizing the recommended safe work practices.
At the completion of this training session, the participants will be acquainted with the following information:
- Definitions of ergonomics
- Work physiology
- Engineering anthropometry and bio-mechanics
- Manual Material Handling: lifting, lowering, pushing, pulling, carrying
- Hand tools
- Workstation design
- Workplace design
- Office (computer) workstations
- Ergonomic design of office workstations
At the conclusion of the class, each participant will take a written examination and complete a course evaluation.
NOTE: Safety Training Specialists, Inc. is able to perform ergonomic evaluation and produce a photographic report with recommendations.