On-site management and supervisors directly responsible for, or who supervise employees engaged in, hazardous waste operations, shall receive 40 hours initial training, and three days of supervised field experience. The training may be reduced to 24 hours and one day if the only area of their responsibility is employees covered by subsections (e)(3)(B) and (e)(3)(C). These individuals will receive at least eight additional hours of specialized hazardous waste operations management training at the time of job assignment on such topics.
Hazardous Waste Worker Management & Supervisor Training
At the completion of this training session, participants will achieve all of the following objectives.
- Requirements of 3203 Injury & Illness Prevention Program.
- Employer’s Safety and Health Plan specific to the job location.
- Personal Protective Equipment training program.
- Spill containment program.
- Health hazard monitoring procedures and techniques.
- Conducting safety meetings and documenting training.
At the conclusion of the class, each participant will take a written examination and complete a course evaluation.