The goal of this course is to increase the employee’s familiarization with, and confidence in, the use of the Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA).
Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus
At the completion of this training session, the participants will be acquainted with the following information:
- The basic physiology of the respiratory system
- Medical restrictions
- The operational limitations of the SCBA
- Inspecting an SCBA before and after use
- Cleaning and sanitizing the SCBA’s components per OSHA recommendations
- Adjusting face mask to ensure a proper seal
- Operating the SCBA
- Donning and doffing equipment
At the conclusion of the class, each participant will take a written examination and complete a course evaluation.