COURSE: HAZARDOUS MATERIALS INCIDENT COMMAND SYSTEM
COMPLIANCE REFERENCE: T8 CCR 5192 and 29 CFR 1910.1200
(E) Incident Commander/On-scene Manager: Incident commanders, who will assume control of the incident scene beyond the first responder awareness level, shall receive at least 24 hours of training equal to the first responder operations level and in addition have competency in the following areas; and the employer shall so certify:
1. Know and be able to implement the employer's incident command system.
2. Know how to implement the employer's emergency response plan.
3. Know and understand the hazards and risks associated with employees working in chemical protective clothing.
4. Know how to implement the local emergency response plan.
5. Know of the state emergency response plan and of the Federal Regional Response Team.
6. Know and understand the importance of decontamination procedures.
NOTE TO (q)(6)(E): Management personnel who, during an emergency situation, stay out of the hazardous area and who are not taking charge of the incident, and are not a "specialist" employee under subsection (q)(5) of this section are not subject to the provisions of this section.
DURATION OF COURSE: 32 hours
At the conclusion of the class, each participant will take a written examination and complete a course evaluation.
Safety Management & Consultation | General Industry OSHA Worker Training | Construction Safety | Emergency Preparedness | Environmental Compliance | Software | Industrial Hygiene | OSHA Training Courses | Programs and Manuals | Cal OSHA | Safety News | Safety Training Videos | Add | Sitemap | Newsletter | CCR | Contact
Phone: 800-794-7233 Fax: (909) 592-5899
© 2018 Safety Training Specialists, Inc. Netpaths SEO