The goal of this program is to increase the participant’s knowledge of safe lifting techniques and other ways to prevent back strains and injuries.
Back Injury Prevention Safety Lifting
At the completion of this course, the participant will be acquainted with the following information.
- Types of back injuries
- Preventing back injuries both at the time of the lift and in physical conditioning Lifting properly in different lifting situations
- Practical steps to safe lifting.
- Mechanical aids for lifting, securing loads, hand trucks, straps and ropes
- Awkward lifting
- Exercises to strengthen the back
- When to get help
- Multiple person lifting and carrying
- Demonstrations of safe lifting
At the conclusion of the class, each participant will take a written examination and complete a course evaluation.