This program will review the safety aspects of backhoe/loader equipment. Although many workers have previous experience operating a backhoe/loader, many serious accidents occur every year involving this equipment. These accidents are primarily caused by the lack of emphasis on the safety aspects of the equipment.
At the completion of this course, the participant will increase his knowledge regarding the safe operational practices, the hazards, and the capabilities and limitations of the equipment.
- Causes of Accidents
- Safe Operational Practices
- Equipment Inspection Procedures
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Special Warnings & Hazards
- Operating Techniques
- Crushing or Cutting Prevention
- Burn Prevention
- Fire or Explosion Prevention
- Mounting & Dismounting
- Trenching & Excavating Hazards
- Written Exam
- Course Evaluation
At the conclusion of the class, each participant will take a written examination and complete a course evaluation.