The goal of this course is to thoroughly review the importance of Chlorine Handling Safety procedures. The program will also include inspection of a work area.
Chlorine Safe Handling
At the completion of this training session, the participants will be acquainted with the following information:
Principles of chemical safety
- Toxicology of chlorine
- Material Safety Data Sheets
- Chemical identification and labeling systems (NFPA & HMIS) for chlorine only
- Chlorine safe handling practices
- Personal Protective Equipment, and respiratory protection
- Hands-on practice with Personal Protective Equipment and Self Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA)
- Emergency procedures
At the conclusion of the class, each participant will take a written examination and complete a course evaluation.