To properly train personnel responsible and designated to perform fire watch duties during; cutting, grinding, welding, and similar operations.
Fire Watch Training for Hotwork
At the completion of this training session, the participants will be acquainted with the following information:
- The facility’s Fire Prevention Plan
- Know the duties and responsibilities of a fire watch
- Recognize and eliminate potential fire and explosion hazards
- Describe the principles of fire chemistry
- Accurately complete a hot work permit
- Inspect and utilized the proper type of fire extinguisher and extinguishing agents
- Utilize the appropriate type of closing and personal protective equipment
- Activate the alarm and warning systems in the event of a emergency
- Implement engineering controls to reduce and eliminate fire explosion potentialDemonstrate the accurate operation and calibration of gas monitoring instruments
At the conclusion of the class, each participant will take a written examination and complete a course evaluation.