This course will provide the essential information for individuals responsible for implementing and conducting a Right-to-Know training program. Topics include regulatory overview, toxicology, understanding SDS, NFPA/HMIS systems and Personal Protective Equipment.
Hazard Communication – GHS
At the completion of this training session, the participants will be acquainted with the following information:
- The company’s Hazard Communication Policy
- Principles of chemical handling safety
- Storage and handling procedures
- Important terms and abbreviations
- Reading and understanding a Material Safety Data Sheet
- Recognizing and determining the appropriate hazard warnings corresponding to the NFPA and HMIS labeling systems.
- Familiarization with the Department of Transportation Chemical Classification System.
At the conclusion of the class, each participant will take a written examination and complete a course evaluation.