This course is designed to meet the requirements of facility personnel who handle hazardous waste. Employees must successfully complete the program requirements listed below within six months after the date of their employment. Annual refresher training is also required.
Hazardous Waste Handling
At the completion of this training session, participants will achieve all of the following objectives.
- Hazardous waste management procedures (including contingency plan implementation) relevant to the positions in which participants are employed.
- Emergency procedures, emergency equipment, and emergency systems.
- Procedures for using, inspecting, repairing, and replacing facility emergency and monitoring equipment.
- Key parameters for automatic waste feed cut-off systems
- Response to fire or explosions
- Response to ground-water contamination incidents.
- Shutdown of operations
At the conclusion of the class, each participant will take a written examination and complete a course evaluation.