This course provides participants with the skills and knowledge to safely and effectively work at an uncontrolled hazardous waste site and/or a post-emergency clean-up operation. Curriculum is based on the California Specialized Training Institute.
Hazardous Waste Operator Worker Training (HAZWOPER)
At the completion of this training session, participants will achieve all of the following objectives.
- Introduction to Hazardous Waste Operations
- Regulatory Overview
- Health and Safety Program
- Medical Surveillance Program
- Recognition and Identification of hazardous material
- Characteristics of hazardous Substances
- Hazard Communication Standard
- Site Characterization, Analysis, and Control
- General Safety Hazards
- PPE and Chemical Protective Clothing
- Monitoring, Detection, and Sampling
- Containment and Spill Management
- Emergency Response by Employees
- Confined Space Procedures
At the conclusion of the class, each participant will take a written examination and complete a course evaluation.
NOTE: Customization of the course includes custom equipment used during training and exercises, presentation of current plans, policies, and procedures, exercises and scenarios tailored to your specific needs.