Each year hundreds of workers are injured or killed while working on California roadways. This program has been designed to provide standards and guidelines, as well as effective methods of creating safe and workable traffic control zones for roadway construction and maintenance operations. The safe methods, techniques and applicable State of California Motor Vehicle Code requirements of the traffic controls for construction and maintenance work zones will be covered.
Traffic Control Flagger, Barricades & Warning Signs
At the completion of this training session, the participants will be acquainted with the following information:
- Causes of accidents
- Flagger equipment which must be used
- Layout of the work zone and flagging station
- Methods to signal traffic to stop, proceed or slow down
- Methods of one-way traffic control
- Proper flagging methodology and operations
- Emergency vehicles traveling through the work zone
- Handling emergency situations
- Methods of dealing with hostile drivers
- Flagging procedures when a single flagger is used (when applicable)
At the conclusion of the class, each participant will take a written examination and complete a course evaluation.